Burnaby Lake Rugby Club Men’s Head Coach Position: Job Summary and Application Process
The Burnaby Lake Rugby Club is located in Burnaby and draws its members from Burnaby, Vancouver, Coquitlam, New West, North Vancouver & the Fraser Valley. We are one of the premier clubs in North America offering outstanding facilities & clubhouse with a highly motivated & supportive executive, membership & alumni.
Currently the club has three senior men’s teams with our top side playing in the BC Men’s Premiership, a senior women’s team, and a growing mini/youth rugby program. In the role of Men’s Head Coach, this candidate will oversee all operations of the senior men’s rugby program including at least twice weekly training sessions and weekly games. The BCRU competition generally runs from late August to early May.
The Head Coach will be responsible for creating a successful team environment for the three Senior Men’s teams. Specific duties the candidate will need to oversee:
- Promoting and evaluating the skill, talent and fitness of all Burnaby Lake Men’s players
- Preparing weekly trainings and leading the selection committee for game days
- Recruitment; including coordinating and communicating with local high school coaches
- Coordinating with Women’s Head Coach and Mini/Youth Coaches to promote a cohesive club community
- Management of Men’s coaching staff; including weekly meetings and effective communication
This position will report directly to the Burnaby Lake Rugby Club Upper Executive.
Previous rugby coaching experience is required & the ideal candidate must hold, as a minimum, NCCP Introduction to Competition (Certified) / World Rugby Level 2 certification. The candidate must conduct themselves in accordance with the standards accepted for coaches in the British Columbia Rugby Union Code of Conduct. (http://www.bcrugby.com/code-of-conduct/) Applicants must be able to legally work in Canada.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should email a current resume & cover letter with expression of interest & a coaching CV to email@example.com
. More details regarding the position can be provided upon application to the position